Consumption of fast food, deep fried snacks results in the accumulation of cholesterol in the arteries which led to deadly health issues such as heart attack and strokes. These calorie-rich foods also have a significant contribution to the country’s increasing rate of Animal Control obesity. Besides consulting a physician or shedding sweat in the gym it is equally important to include a healthy diet and maintain a systematic way of life.
Intake of cold water fishes like salmon, herring, and sardines rich in Omega3 fatty acids aids in removing LDL- low- density lipoprotein (bad cholesterol) and oil extracted from fish is considered as one of the potent sources of omega3 fatty acids.
Fish oil provides a wide selection of benefits to many health ailments that have been clinically proven. Consumption of the oil derived from fish liver helps in eliminating depression, anxiety, arthritis, weight loss and many more. Let’s talk about a few proven health benefits of this oil.
• Lower heart problems: The oil is regarded as the best caretaker of the heart. The Omega3 fatty acids assist in fighting the bad cholesterol which higher the risk of heart attacks and related disease and also help in keeping the normal heart rate.
• Fights cancer: Being a rich supply of long-chain omega3 fatty acids, fish oil has the potential to blunt the creation of Cox- 2 derived prostanoids in cancer cells. Both elements of fatty acids EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) plays a valuable role in cancer therapy.
• Treats Alzheimer’s: From different studies, it has been demonstrated that the fatty acid from the oil is critical for proper brain function and its long term consumption by the adults may prevent brain shrinkage.
• Anxiety: Oil from fish is considered an important food for the healthy brain development during the growth period of a human being since supplying fish to the children at this stage will keep them away from tension and anxiety.
• Depression: To get rid of depression and mood disorders oil extracted from fish functions as a magic wand. This oil may fight depression and effectively improves emotional wellbeing.
• Fertility & maternity: Research proves that mothers who included liver oil of the fish in their diet during pregnancy gave birth to the children with great problem-solving skills in addition with great skin and hair.
• Fight Diabetes: New research indicates that oil derived from fish is effective at reducing the risk of diabetes by lowering oxidative stress which plays a crucial role in the progression of diabetes. That is why this oil is now prescribed in the diabetic diet program.
• Good for eyes: Dry eyes are the most common problem today and the omega3 in the fish oil helps in producing oil at the meibomian gland in the uterus that floats across the eye keeping the eye moisturize with all the tears and keeps it from getting evaporated.
• superior hair and skin: The fatty acid from the oil extracted from fish nourishes the skin and keeps the skin smooth with an elastic texture. The fatty acids contain EPA and DHA which prevents diseases such as eczema, psoriasis, and psoriasis and is a much essential part in maintaining the skin and hair moisturized.
• Weight Loss: Fish oil may magically help to get rid of obesity. The omega3 help in fat oxidation by breaking down the fat molecules into fatty acids and triglycerides thereby mobilizing the fat and also helps in building muscles.
• Improves immune system: Omega3 from the oil helps in enhancing the performance of the immune cells. Salmon is the ideal fish whose oil and astaxanthin functions as the ultimate immune boosting health food.
Oil from fish contains anti-inflammatory properties that treat chronic inflammation.
• Fight bone disease: The omega3fatty acids contain in the oil of fishes such as sardine, tuna, salmon will help in bone growth with higher density which prevents various bone disorder. On the other hand, the effect may vary with the intake of supplements.
Conclusion: The benefits of fish oil has been proved clinically as essential elements in fighting many health ailments but for the patients it is quite important to go for proper medical diagnosis before undergoing any dietary treatment.